Table, magnifying glasses, natural materials, sculpey mushrooms, paint, labels. 24inches wide x 48 inches long x 36 inches tall.
The five mushroom species presented are commonly misidentified as edible when in reality they are deadly poisonous. They are presented as delicately crafted and painted specimens accompanied by descriptions of the symptoms of their ingestion. The magnifying glasses metaphorically enhance the viewers’ gaze upon the fungi which lay surrounded by samples of their natural settings.